Friday, January 13, 2012

A Day Late and a Dollar Short

Will you believe me if I say I'm really trying to stay with my blogging schedule? It's true. I do a lot of bad things, but I really don't lie.


Here's another fact about me. I'm a licensed DJ. Like work at the radio station kind, not the party kind. I haven't done that kind of work for a while now, but the license is for life unless the FCC comes after you. I hate to admit it, but I do love the sound of my voice. I bet your not surprised.


I've been in internet hell for a few days. The 'severs' down here are interesting. And ya know that 'not mah job mon', thing. It's true. Ah paradise!


Yesterday was double cruise ship day,so I worked for my friend Iotha. It was an interesting and aggravating day, but Iotha made out well.


This weekend I have a 'public speaking gig'. Imagine me, in front of an open mike. That should make your weekend jollly. I gotta leave you with that thought.


One other thing. Someone else mentioned this type of thing on their blog space this morning, and it reminded me. To any of you who harbor the delusion than I'm young, really young. I love you forever! Obviously you live somewhere where thinking is optional. I'll meet you there later.


BUT, enough about me already. I'll be back with something much more interesting next week.

13 comments:

  1. I'll just keep pretending you're young if you do the same for me!
    DJ! That is really cool Good luck with the speaking gig this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sound full of life and that's young no matter what you're age. Good luck with your public speaking gig. Those things terrify me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Attitude is more important than age.

    I do have a complaint though: you brought up so many differing aspects of your life I'm intrigued find out more about all these tidbits. More interesting next week? Well, I'll be watching for it :)

    I've been browsing through your earlier posts; I have a consistency problems - easily distracted, ya know. I didn't comment on all I read, but I enjoyed the posts.

    Good luck with this week's gig. I'm an eclectic music listener, so feel free to post your favorites and why from the engagement. I adore people watching stories.

    ......dhole

    ReplyDelete
  4. Age has nothing to do with how long you have been here and everything to do with how involved in life you are. As the Most Interesting Man in the world says it... "It's never to late to start beefing up your obituary."

    I believe Mae West or Marilyn Monroe (forgive me for not remembering for sure) said that "Your are never to old to get younger." Or something to that effect.

    Go! Have FUN! Age is only a limiting factor if you believe it is.

    ;D

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are obviously young at heart!
    WilyBCool - I love that quote about the obituary!

    ReplyDelete
  6. DJing sounds like a lot of fun.
    Have a great weekend.
    xoRobyn

    ReplyDelete
  7. You should post pictures of the cruise ship you work on.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Do keep us posted and whatever delusional fan you have... will you send them my way next?! :)
    Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

    ReplyDelete
  9. No matter how many years you've been around, you have a very youthful spirit! The rest of it is just physics! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. At the end of it all - what is age? Mind over matter? If you don't mind, it doesn't matter - Mark Twain (I think)
    It's your spirit that counts...

    ReplyDelete
  11. P.S. I'm picturing this really cool 30- or 40-something DJ... am I close?

    ReplyDelete
  12. You should post a video or sound clip of your voice! :) ha.

    ReplyDelete