Friday, January 20, 2012

BRIGHT, SHINY, GLITTERY THOUGHTS

I woke up this morning thinking I needed to post something upbeat on my blog today after than downer about the oil refinery. So, I'm thinking all these bright shiny, glittery little thoughts and I turned my computer on. That's when I remembered.


Late last night, well more like early this morning, my time. Blogger would not let me post a comment on a blog I follow. But, I thought - be optimistic.


OH YEAH!


1. That blog I couldn't post a comment on last night wouldn't even load this morning.


2. Several other blogs would not let me comment.


3.  A few that would let me comment, required that I re-enter the comment twice before it would accept it.


4.  When I got to my dash board to see who had posted something new today, blogger wiped it clean and tells me I'm following no blogs.YIPPEE!


THEN,


I couldn't get my gmail account to open. When it did they wanted me to sign in. OK, I did that. Then, they tell me that they shut my gmail account down because of suspicious activity. ARE YOU KIDDING ME - GOOGLE? I thought your motto is ' We Will Do No Evil'. OK. So now they tell me go to this verification page to get my gmail account up and running. On the verification page, they want your country - oh, I can see it coming - it's a drop down menu. My country is never on those. I drop down. HOLY CRAP, my country is there. I enter it. Next, they want a phone number so they can send me a code via text to enter to get my gmail account back. Against my better judgement I enter my local number and click GO. 


Do you know what Google had the nerve to come back and tell me? "I'm sorry, account verification is not available in your country."  BUT, there is no other way to open this effin' account back up. Remember those bright, shiny, glittery thoughts back at the beginning. I can't even begin to tell you what they have become.


Anyway...google isn't as smart as they think. I went back to the account verification page and started over. This time I LIED.( I HATE LYING - GOOGLE). I entered United States for my country and gave them my cell number with the Idaho area code (I kept a US cell number, so people could call me from the States for free). I got the account back opened, dubious as it's continued operation may be.


Is this just me? Do I have like 'subversive' tattooed on my butt or something? What suspicious activity are they seeing on my account. Or are they telling me that someone is trying to 'hack' into my boring life? JEEZ!


Glad to get that off my chest.


On a happier note...I now have 100 followers (wait until blogger figures that out. I can't wait to see what they do with that information). I'm really not a headhunter, if I was I probably wouldn't print this post. Regardless, it makes me feel good that 100 people stopped here once and clicked on that follow button. Thank you.


Also, I finished my short story for the GQ Short Story Contest. Not only did I finish it, but I did the 'slash and burn' thing and got it down to 999 words. (It has to be 1000 or less.) This is no easy task for the Queen of Verbosity. The story itself was hard. The topic - cities. I might have been born and raised in Chicago, but I write 'country' much better, But I cranked up the 'blues' (something new-I'm a sucker for a wailin' guitar) and this story came pouring out. Thank you, Stephen.


Anyway...it's done. Of course,I'll worry over it for a few days and go back and edit some more, beef up every verb and delete every stinkin' ly word and slash every single adverb.(You get the idea) Is anybody else this crazy/obsessive/neurotic? Man, I hope so.


Here's a song. More of my eclectic taste. A friend of mine introduced me to this group and this song after he buried his son. I think this song makes his wife nuts, but I like it. This is for you Bob. I think of Michael all the time.


Enjoy...




Remember, I live where 'thinking is optional'.

14 comments:

  1. Ugh, sounds like you've had quite a time with Google lately.

    Congrats for the 100 followers and finishing that short story. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Google. How you like to mess with our lives. Congratulations on 100 followers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is enough to give me the heebie-jeebies... phew!
    And remember, Google is going to remove the Google Friend Connect widget in April... talk about messing wth our lives...
    On a lighter note, congrats on your 100 followers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on a hundred followers!
    Corry Blogger is being difficult. I tried to make some adjustments to my sidebar today but it wouldn't save them. Must be having issues.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry google's giving you a hard time. Congrats on finishing your story. Hope you have a fantastic weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. First, congrats on 999 words and 100 followers. Last week Blogger was doing the same thing to me. I think there's an evil somebody with no life who sits around and sabotages people's blogs...I can hear them now..."BWahhahaha! I lead a miserable life so I'm going to spoil your life by making you go crazy with your blog and Google BWAhahahah!" Can you hear them?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ugh on Blogger. I've had issues with it saying I'm not following anyone, too. Usually that gets fixed when I completely close out the browser and open it again. Sounds like your international status had something to do with it. So frustrating.

    Sounds like you've been really busy. Yay!

    And I love Flogging Molly!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've heard a couple other people comment today about the same problem you encountered. Hmmmmmmmm? Something fishy is going on.

    Good luck with your short story!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh no, google sure haven't made your day:) At least you outsmarted them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. In the UK there's a place we can forward email scams to so they get investigated. When I try to do that my account won't let me as it detects I'm trying to send something dodgy - funny it never notices that when it allows me to recieve this rubbish! Then my account gets closed because of suspicious activity. So no, not just you and not just Google either.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a nightmare you've had to deal with. Unbelievable. I'd have a big meltdown. Tech stuff drives me crazy. Good luck with the GQ contest. I hope you win. That video rocks. I really love it! Have a great weekend, Barbara.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are so welcome, Sis!

    >>..."Or are they telling me that someone is trying to 'hack' into my boring life? JEEZ!"

    Ha!-Ha! Yeah, some of us really don't need to fear The Hacker.

    Blues? Sho nuff, I gots plenty o' dem.

    Here's another one for ya. No wailin' guitars this time (heck, no Waylon guitar either), just a gin-soaked piano an' a cryin' horn:

    I know you’ll like [link-->] ‘FUMBLIN’ WITH THE BLUES’ ‘cause all my friends do. (It’s actually a requirement. Question #7 on the ‘STMcC Friendship Test’.)

    ~ D-FensDogg
    ‘Loyal American Underground’

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations on 100+ followers and the 999 word story. As for blogger frustrations, I'm sorry and afraid it's only just begun. They are apparently doing away with Google Friend Connect. I don't get it. Are they trying to drive us all crazy? Hang in there.
    xoRobyn

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yuck, naughty Blogger and Gmail! Good news on finishing the short story, though!

    ReplyDelete