Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Police Comin'


I've been quiet for three days now (probably a record for me). Stephen wants words. OK, Stephen. I love this sound. Video is a little painful to watch (hard to see Eric in a suit and tie. OUCH!).


Song is 'Joliet Bound' - Joliet is the Illinois State Pen. For about two years, I lived just down the road. The 'Big House' was just off a two lane country road. 
For about two miles either side of the 'jailhouse', there were signs along the road warning, 'Do Not Pick Up Hitchhikers'. Ya Think? Did they also think someone who just broke out, was going to hang around on that country road to bum a ride. OK, this was Illinois. (Whatever you do, DO NOT pronounce that S - it drives me crazy!)

4 comments:

  1. I'd pick up a hitchhiker if he had a great body. Some of those guys in prison really know how to have sex.

    ReplyDelete
  2. FARAWAYEYES ~
    Kinda difficult to follow that last comment, however...

    Yeah, I don't know why anybody who didn't have to wear a suit 'n' tie for work would even consider doing it voluntarily.

    Who was responsible for the original version of this song? Pink Floyd, wasn't it?

    >>...For about two years, I lived just down the road. The 'Big House' was just off a two lane country road.

    Uh-huh. Reminds me of the dude buying Playboy and telling the clerk he only gets it for the articles.

    So, you lived just down the road from the state pen, off a two-lane country road, eh?

    Alright, level with us - we won't tell anyone: What did you do that got you "sent up" for two years?

    If you tell me yours, I'll tell you mine.

    ~ D-FensDogg
    'Loyal American Underground'

    ReplyDelete
  3. My ex used to work at a jail. Apparently when they release people, they literally just walk them out the front door. Yikes.

    ReplyDelete